Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Tasty Recipe

I tried these for a church gathering and Becky and Cindy asked me to share the recipe. They are super easy and tasty. Just to give credit where credit is due, it came from the book Winning Recipes from Taste of Home.

Chewy Pecan Pie Bars

1/4 c. butter, melted
2 c. packed brown sugar
2/3 c. all purpose flour
4 eggs
2 t. vanilla
1/4 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt ( I cut this back to 1/8 since I used salted butter)
2 c. chopped pecans

confectioner's sugar to dust on top

Pour melted butter into a 13x9 inch baking pan. Set aside. In mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, eggs, flour, vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Stir in pecans. Spread over butter. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes (mine was done in 25). Remove from oven. Immediately dust with confectioner's sugar. Cool before cutting. Yield: about 2 dozen.

This is one I'll definitely make again since it was so easy. Gives the taste of a pecan pie without the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment